Saturday, June 1, 2013

Ballerinas Up the Wazoo! plus Happy Marilyn Day!!!!!

That's how I feel!!!!!!!!

Geez!!!!

It's Spring showcase/recital season for both of my studios. Starting with a mini recital for my 3-5 year old ballerinas tomorrow morning!!!

So that means I'm feeling overwhelmed with music, sequins, fairy wands and ribbons... (which actually sounds like it would be a blast right? WRONG!!!) Which in turn means I probably won't have time to post anything of any significance until Wednesday!

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up!!

I hope your weekend and start of the week is fantastic!

See you all Wednesday.

 Gelsey Kirkland


 Audrey Hepburn

 Paris Opera Ballet 1963

 Dance Theater of Harlem circa 1969

Gelsey Kirkland and Mikhail Baryshnikov 


And It's Me!! Not a ballet pic but proof that I do dance!!! Need to find a ballet one.
(Rachel Neville Photography)


Ooops!! How did I almost forget...

HAPPY MARILYN DAY!!! Today is her birthday!!!!

LOVE this series of photos of Marilyn!!! I actually plan on recreating them...Its in the works!! I will hopefully have them before the end of the summer!


xoxo

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Look at you!! Beautiful. I can never get enough ballet pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I love this post! And omg your legs are amazeballs! Powerful!!! I hope you do get to recreate that photo-I love recreating photos! Yeah! Good luck with school-its almost over hehe xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how splendidly cool that you're planning to recreate that iconic, gorgeous series of MM photos. I am so excited to see your (equally gorgeous) take on them.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you sure can kick! That's awesome. I too a ballet class in college and really enjoyed it. I felt so limber and flexible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh if I could change one thing about my childhood I wish wish wish I could have taken ballet lessons! And yep, your legs are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photo of Gelsey & Mikhail. The intensity without even seeing their expressions is beautiful.

    Wendi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...