Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Mid Century Housewife: Pumpkin Caramel Blondies!!!!!!!!!!





Hello again!!!

Today has been a lazy kind of day. Honey and I both have the day off and it is a little chilly out today so we decided to make it a comfort food kind of day!!!

There is a stew bubbling on the stove that Honey made and I baked a delicious batch of pumpkin caramel blondies! Y-U-M!!

I know, I know... there is pumpkin EVERYTHING, everywhere right now but that is because it is soooo delicious!!!!

This recipe for blondies has pumpkin, chocolate, caramel AND walnuts (which you can omit if you have food allergies). It's soooo tasty. I promise you will love it even though it's not at all vintage...

You will need:


For the blondies:
3/4 cup softened butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

For the filling:
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1- 14 ounce package caramels
1/4 cup heavy cream


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 square glass baking dish. I used a normal non glass one with parchment paper and it did the trick.

Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla and pumpkin and stir until combined.

 Slowly combine the flour, baking soda and salt with the pumpkin mixture. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and stir again to make sure batter is smooth and well combined.

Spread about 2/3 of the batter into prepared pan. Cover with the chocolate and walnuts.

In a small microwaveable bowl combine the caramels and heavy cream. Microwave on high stirring every 20 seconds until smooth and fully melted.


Pour the caramel over the pumpkin, chocolate and walnuts. Spread with an off set spatula or the back of a spoon to make sure it is spread evenly.


Dollop the remaining pumpkin batter over the caramel and spread all over. Try to make it even and smooth. Its ok if some of the caramel peeks though.


Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until edges are set and a fork poked in the middle comes out clean. There may be some caramel on the fork but there should be no batter.

Let cool completely, or if you are like Honey and I, let cool for about 10 minutes and dig in!!! It will be nice and ooey gooey! Add a dollop of homemade whipped cream on top to finish it off (I forgot to and just went for it plain.)


SOOOO GOOOD!!!!


If you are looking for something a little more old school, here is a 1959 recipe for Pumpkin Dream Pie!!! I may try this one for a retro spin to our Thanksgiving celebration.







post signature

5 comments:

  1. Boy oh boy! I was hoping that you would post a recipe when I saw on FB that you were making these! They sound (and look) sooooooooooooo delicious!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA!!! I hope you try it. Its super simple and completely yum!

      Delete
  2. YUM! Those look amazing! I love the variety of pumpkin flavored items I've seen this season but I'll have to say, your Pumpkin Caramel Blondies look like one of the best things yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good thing computer screens aren't toxic, because I think I might have just licked mine! :D Caramel + pumpkin has got to be one of my favourite flavour combs ever! These look crazy fantastic, thank you so much for posting another wonderful recipe, honey!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...