Sunday, February 3, 2013

Natalie, James and Me... A Rebel Without a Cause weekend


Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone!!!

Well, as you may or may not have guessed I'm not really a football kind of girl so I won't be watching the big game tonight. I am excited for the halftime show though. I know a few people performing for Beyonce so that's always fun! I get a kick out of seeing my friends perform beside big name artists like that.

One thing I did do today was have a beauty day. It's nice to just sit back and finally have time to primp yourself. Today I washed my hair and was finally able to clip my horrible ends and with the help of Honey cut my hair in some mild layers. Next on the list is a facial pin curls and nail painting! YAY!

Earlier today I got a chance to watch "Rebel Without a Cause". I LOVE this movie and believe it or not it was Honey's first time seeing it. I don't know how that's possible or how I watched the whole thing without giving away the ending but I did.





Rebel Without a Cause is a fantastic movie starring James Dean and Natalie Wood. James Dean plays Jim Stark, a troubled boy who moves to a new town. He meets a boy named Plato, a girl named Judy (Natalie Wood) and her friends she calls "the kids" and trouble ensues.

In true teen angst fashion being "the new kid in town" is not the happening thing. "The kids" pick a fight with Jim on a school field trip. Knives are pulled and things get dicey. When things calm down a little Jim is challenged to a game of chicken  (you know, when they used to race cars to the edge of a cliff. The first one who jumps out is deemed a "chicken". I just call him smart) with Judy's boyfriend Buzz. The game goes wrong when Buzz gets stuck in his car, goes over the cliff and is killed.  Without giving the rest of the movie away I'll just say that Plato turns into trouble and the ending is unfortunate.

Natalie Wood is great in this movie. At just 16 years old she really held her own along side James Dean who was 24 at the time. To top all that off, she looks FLAWLESS in the movie. The movie is about 24 hours in the lives to these teens so there are not many wardrobe changes but I love her look. The opening scene when she is in the police station I couldn't help but to notice her fabulous red cape that matched her even more fabulous red lips. And the hair!! Gotta try that style. Luckily Lisa Freemont Street has a tutorial of the look here. I think I may try it this week. If I do I'll be sure to post!!!



 I have always loved Natalie. I think like many my very first time seeing her was in "West Side Story" and then when I got really into old movies and movie stars (when I was around 10 years old) I realized that she was the same girl who played Susan in "Miracle on 34th Street". She has always been one of my favorite actresses.I especially loved her in "Gypsy" alongside Rosalind Russell.

Unfortunately Natalie died when she drowned while on a boat trip with with her husband, Robert Wagner and friend Christopher Walken. The case surrounding her death was recently reopened.  She was only 43 years old.

Oops! I just realized I haven't spoken much of James Dean!! What is there to say?!?!? Total Heartthrob about sums it up. He was also AMAZING in this movie. Its the movie he is best known for. Not only because its just the best movie and his acting is impeccable but because it was the last movie he made before he was killed in a car accident. Sort of a case of life imitating art.



So that was my weekend!!!! A nice relaxing one spent with Natalie and James!!! It can't get any better than that!!!

Happy Sunday!!!

xoxo

post signature

2 comments:

  1. You and me both! I wish I had a day of pampering though hehe I love it when I find out my hubs hasnt seem a certain film. He loves classic films too which is neat-I like sharing that love with him. I hope you take pics of your new hair cut-I am sure Honey did a great job! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, sometimes you just need a good beauty day. I like to put aside time for at least a couple such days each month. Prior to when I started wearing a wig, I'd always colour (and if needed, trim) my hair on such days as well, but now I just do my nails, give myself a facial, perhaps take a soothing bath, and apply oodles of moisturizer (especially during these dry winter months).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...